- The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky starts on Virgin Radio on Monday 21st January
- Chris and his team will be on air weekdays from 6.30 – 10am
- First week will be ‘a week of Fridays’ with guests and a live music performance every day
- New adverts, released from today, show Chris being quizzed about the show and how to listen by his two eldest sons, Noah and Eli
- Virgin Radio is available nationwide on DAB digital radio and on Sky channel 0215
The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky will officially hit the airwaves at 06.30am on Monday 21st January 2019 and by the DJ’s own admission it’s ‘all hands-on deck’.
In a short clip released on social media by Virgin Radio, six-year-old Eli appears confused as he watches his dad talking but can only hear static. After pressing a button on his digital radio, the familiar voice of Chris Evans can be heard, and Eli explains what you need to do if you want to listen to ‘Dad on the radio’.
Nine-year-old Noah and Chris will deliver a pastiche of ‘Uncle Buck’ in an advert set to appear on TV from Friday. Noah, known to previous listeners of the Chris Evans show for his ‘Killer Question’, is seen firing questions at his Dad, to his increasing frustration. The sequence is a nod to a well-known scene from Uncle Buck in which Macaulay Culkin interrogates his Uncle Buck, played by John Candy.
The whole Evans family also unite in one short clip with ‘Love Actually’-styled boards to explain how to access the Virgin Radio Breakfast Show.
Joining Chris at Virgin Radio from Monday 21st January will be many of his much-loved team, including Vassos Alexander as sports reporter and Rachel Horne who will be expanding her role as the breakfast show travel guru – providing regular news bulletins as well.
In a ground-breaking partnership between Virgin Radio and Sky, the Chris Evans Breakfast Show will broadcast without any ad breaks, allowing listeners to have the same uninterrupted audio experience they’ve come to expect from Chris Evans’s award-winning BBC Radio 2 show.
The Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Virgin Radio is available nationally on DAB digital radio, online at www.virginradio.co.uk and on mobile via the Virgin Radio app. Virgin Radio is also available on Sky channel 0215.