- Division: Wireless Group plc
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: London
- Department: Wireless
- Closing Date: 31/03/2019
- Reporting To: -
Wireless Studios is News UK's in house digital audio company creating podcasts across all of News UK's publishing and broadcast brands. We work across prestige names such as Virgin Radio, The Times
We are Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company, which is wholly owned by News UK and Ireland Limited. Wireless operates 32 national and local radio stations across the UK and Ireland.
These include talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station and global audio partner of the Premier League, alongside popular national digital stations talkSPORT 2, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio. From FM104 in Dublin, to 96.4 The Wave in Swansea, our local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their local communities.
Wireless Studios is News UK's in house digital audio company creating podcasts across all of News UK's publishing and broadcast brands. We work across prestige names such as Virgin Radio, The Times and talkSPORT, and you’ll be driving podcast projects across many of these brands.
Job Role: Podcast Producer
· Identify, pitch and develop compelling podcast series often in partnership with our talent, correspondents and producers.
· Identify existing internal podcast opportunities while producing new original podcast offerings, both daily and/or serialised storytelling
· Manage podcast productions, including budgets, staffing and creative.
· Work with staff on best-in-class digital podcast practices.
· Partner with cross-network teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies.
· Potential unsociable hours including weekends
Qualifications / Experience Required:
· Experience in audio storytelling with production on a successful podcast, news radio programme or relevant commercial podcasting know-how.
· Must have experience editing audio and familiar with software.
· Must be proactive, a doer with excellent writing skills and creative ideas on how to make compelling content.
· Strong editorial/narrative judgement.
· Experience in a fast paced digital environment, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
· Ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions.
· Strong cross-departmental collaborative skills
· Experience fostering a culture of experimentation.
· Experience developing host and producer talent.
· Strong understanding of commercial potential within podcasting.
What's in it for you?
• Working with established names and big stars on exciting podcast projects.
• The chance to develop your skillset and create new ways of working on audio production
• Helping grow the reputation of an exciting team of hungry producers.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Send a copy of your CV to - email@example.com